What does IRIS do?
- Encourage trust, cooperation and expertise sharing.
- Facilitate technical discussion and collaborative problem solving.
Provide a cohesive picture of STFC’s digital research infrastructure needs
Engage with the national & international digital research infrastructure community.
- Understand what resources the scientific community needs
- Establish common practice and policies
- Form a “bottom up” roadmap to help shape tomorrows national digital research infrastructure
In 2018 IRIS received a capital grant from BEIS to enhance, augment & improve federation of the STFC eInfrastructure.
This hardware is commissioned and run by STFC digital infrastructure providers such as SCD, DiRAC, and GridPP on behalf of IRIS.
The resource scrutiny and allocation process is a robust and fair cooperative system that investigates the merits of requests and how they can be supported using IRIS funded hardware.
Along with a combined accounting system this allows a realistic picture of needs of science activities to be formed